Do you have experience in Supply Chain in Europe, Middle East & Africa? Also an experience in a planning environment of a production plant, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry? Do you have knowledge in GDP & SAP and you are fluent in English? Then we have your dream job!
External Supply is part of Global Supply and Global Supply Chain organization and is responsible for managing the product flow from external suppliers to the different markets. Reorganization in the department. Replacement - backfill until transfer. The consultant will be responsible for planning and ordering of products as necessary to meet the conditions of the Supply Chain Agreement with the markets. Products in scope are pharmaceutical products which are manufactured by external manufacturers in the Europe/Africa/Middle East region. The supply chain planner manages the supply chain between the markets and the external contract manufacturers as well as the inbound flows to the external contract manufacturers in case of tolling (for API's or Semi-finished goods SFG)
Area: Customer Focus
- Capture demand forecast using mainly global supply chain systems and processes. For specific products/markets ad-hoc systems and processes will have to be used.
- Analyze the demand forecast to capture significant trends and changes. Review the trends and changes with the demand management function in the market. Identify potential issues due to significant forecast changes and develop appropriate and effective preventive, corrective or mitigating actions.
- Process the demand forecast into a delivery forecast in accordance with the supply agreement with the external manufacturer, and the supply chain agreement with the market
- Collect, consolidate, verify and communicate forecasted volumes per article to be used in the operational plan (budget)
- Periodically (quarterly) review the demand forecast to detect important deviations from the information used for the operational plan (budget). Inform External Supply Finance of detected relevant volume changes.
- Secure formal agreement with the market about the level of, and the responsibility for the cost of obsolete materials resulting from implementation of an artwork change.
- Organize and execute tasks and activities based upon Operational Excellence principles. Use Opex methods and tools to solve issues, eliminate inefficiencies and continuously improve the quality and the effectiveness of the work.
- Be back up for one of the other supply chain planners in the planning team in their absence.
Area: Internal Processes
- Determine and agree modalities for implementation of artwork changes with the market and with the contract manufacturer; coordinate and manage implementation of new artwork.
- Set up (new article/new launch) and update article information in the supply chain systems: o Set up the systems for new articles or provide the necessary information and data to the relevant support function. Monitor and verify timely and correct set-up
- Verify and critically review toll reports received from ES suppliers in view of ES bill of materials (BOM) and standard/actual consumption,
- Reconcile tolling quantity and calculate, post & review resulting MUVs and P&L entries monthly,
- Make the toll inventory reconciliation sheet for audit purposes, analyze tolling inventories and take corrective action if needed,
- Collect, consolidate, verify and communicate forecasted API volumes per plan (budget),
- Monitor current and projected inventory of tolled materials (API + SF) at contract manufacturers, to detect potential issues, slow moving, overstocking and unavailability situations and initiate/change action as necessary.
- Minimum bachelor's degree (Economics, Trade or Management) or equivalent trough experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in a Supply Chain environment; Minimum two years' experience in a planning environment of a production plant, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry. Junior/Medior/Senior - as long as rest of criteria's met.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English and at least one other major European language.
- Very good knowledge of planning tools (SAP APO/ECC is a plus) and related reporting tools (Business Intelligence Tools).
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience, including meal vouchers.
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number : 18071