Our client is a global organization with extensive experience in the food industry, specializing in microbiology, chemistry, research, labeling, and sensory analysis. We are seeking a highly motivated Chemistry Laboratory Manager to join our team.
The successful candidate will manage and organize the day-to-day running of the chemistry laboratory, ensuring that all samples are analyzed to a high standard by suitably trained staff within acceptable time limits. The Chemistry Laboratory Manager will be responsible for supervising the analysis of samples, informing the customer services on the status of projects, and ensuring that all staff are trained. The candidate will also be responsible upholding the quality and safety standards and for assisting in establishing and monitoring budgets for the section.
- Supervising the analysis of samples to ensure timely and accurate reporting of results, and informing the customer services team and/or customers if deadlines cannot be met.
- Managing a team of 25-40 people directly reporting to you.
- Ensuring all staff are properly trained, constantly monitoring work quality, and being responsible for staff motivation and discipline.
- Ensuring adherence to agreed quality and safety systems by the section, including the establishment and monitoring of budgets.
- Undertaking external communications with customers, advising them on relevant tests, instigating quotations, and issuing reports.
- Ensuring the laboratory areas are tidy, up-to-date with relevant legislation, and assisting in identifying growth opportunities for the section.
- A degree in chemistry, food technology, and/or other related science.
- Experience in leading a chemistry department in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- 2-5 years of experience within a food laboratory environment is a must.
- Understanding of the audit procedure.
- General knowledge of chemistry, food technology, and/or other related science.
- Salary: €60,000 - €87,000 depending on experience
- Permanent contract
- Support for relocation in particular cases
- Internal training