Our client in Leiden is an internationally renowned organisation with a diverse team of leading experts from various backgrounds dedicated to the success of projects for their valued partners. They are seeking a Scientist USP to support multiple projects, each varying in complexity. This role involves making strategic decisions, collaborating closely with both the internal team and clients to ensure the achievement of project objectives.
- Translate client requests into actionable tasks and experiments, ensuring efficient internal coordination.
- Develop robust USP processes for GMP Manufacturing.
- Provide essential information for tech transfer and process validation.
- Oversee 1-2 low-medium complexity USP projects.
- Support business development and acquisition efforts.
- Organize updates for clients and internal teams.
- Collaborate on process development and documentation.
- Ensure data quality and assist with troubleshooting.
- PhD with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience, or MSc with a minimum of 10 years of industry experience, primarily in development roles.
- Proficiency in Biosciences, Biochemistry, Bioprocess Engineering, Biotechnology, or related fields.
- Prior experience in USP development within a biopharmaceutical production environment, including adherent and suspension cell lines, lab-scale to 1000L bioreactors, with a preference for single-use technologies.
- Familiarity with the production of recombinant proteins, viral vaccines, and antibodies.
- Strong expertise in external client interactions, R&D, project coordination, working in a BSL2 facility, tech transfer to manufacturing, cGMP and FDA guidelines, as well as Quality by Design (QbD) and Design of Experiments (DoE) principles.
- Contract: Start via Oxford for 1 year with possibility of an extension at the client directly
- Salary: €3000,- - €5000,- based on fulltime employment
- Working hours: fulltime preferred
- Region: Leiden
- Vacancy number: 23514