Are you a senior researcher in the field of material sciences, polymer engineering, or equivalent? We are currently looking for a senior research associate in Leiden to advance the understanding of polymer film development and lead research projects.
Our client is an international material science and manufacturing company that specializes in the development and manufacturing of materials used in nearly every industry. These materials include adhesives, tags, tapes, labels, embellishments, radio frequency identification solutions and pressure sensitive materials for industrial, medical, and retail applications. They are looking for a senior research associate to join their team. You will work towards the development of new product technology within pressure-sensitive adhesive labels and graphic material. In addition, you will be collaborating with scientists across the globe to identify, develop and deploy novel film chemistries, and support cross-functional teams in the commercialization of new product technologies.
- Become an expert in the companies' business and their short- and long-term development challenges.
- Apply material science and process knowledge to improve the understanding of polymer film development.
- Design and perform experiments for polymer film testing on pilot scale assets.
- Lead generational platform projects and collaborate with a global team of technology and business leaders.
- Develop and perform post-processing techniques such as embossing, stretching, and annealing as needed to suit application requirements.
- Assist as a subject matter expert for the company on film processing and resulting structure-property relationships.
- MSc or PhD degree with relevant experience in Polymer Science or Engineering, Polymer Physics, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of R&D experience, preferably with a background in cast, extrusion, or blown film processes.
- Thorough understanding of structure-property relationships in films, film processing, film manufacturing, and (melt) rheology.
- Demonstrable experience in the development of new film products from conceptualization to implementation.
- Entrepreneurial experience or mindset and demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the year locally and globally.
- Employment: Initially for 1 year, with a large incentive for a permanent position
- Salary indication: from approximately € 5700 to € 7000 gross per month
- Full relocation package provided for EU-candidates
- Working hours: 40h, parttime is also possible
- Location: Region Leiden
- Vacancy number: 19475