Our client in Ghent who is active in the field of plant molecular diagnostics to support arable farms is looking for a Lab Senior Technician Method Development.
You will join the Analytics Method Development group. This contributes to the development and commercialisation of new Seeds & Traits products.
The Lab Senior Technician Method Development independently coordinates and executes method development and implementation projects for high-throughput plant genotyping activities in line with the leadership strategy for Seeds & Traits.
- You will independently coordinate & conduct technical experiments to develop, validate and optimise molecular detection methods and related work instructions for state-of-the-art equipment and data analysis applications.
- In addition, you contribute to the implementation and correct use of molecular detection methods and work instructions in high-throughput genotyping labs: you support the lab setup, provide training & coaching, evaluate performance and provide technical expertise where needed
- You will be responsible for defining, planning, executing or delegating, analysing and interpreting the technical quality of data/experiments, and you will proactively identify deviations from expected results and take appropriate action or report accordingly
- You will independently record, compile, summarise, report and present data according to company standards.
- You will work effectively with colleagues within and across teams following standard project management principles
- You have a master´s degree in Life Sciences or equivalent through relevant experience.
- You have a broad knowledge and understanding of DNA extraction and molecular detection methods and their development, optimization, and validation according to international standards for minimum performance.
- You demonstrate a good knowledge of plant genotyping, high-throughput instrumentation, and data management.
- You have advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office) and specialized operational knowledge of software and databases.
- You have advanced planning, organizational and reporting skills.
- You have effective communication skills, and you are proficient in English, both verbal and written.
- You have innovative thinking in process/efficiency improvement.
- You will be working in an exciting company in the Ghent business district
- You will receive a competitive salary package
- You will start on 15 September and work until at least the end of March 2023