Are you a technician with experience in molecular biology, microbiology and biotechnology in search of your next challenge? In this position of R&D technician in the field of genetics you will be able to work on strain development, preform research projects and contribute to biotechnological research and development. Laboratory professionals with experience in working with yeast or fughi are invited to apply!
For an international research and development company in the South Holland area we are looking for a senior technician genetics. In the role you will develop microbial strains for applications in food and contribute to research projects to acchieve the best results in a cost efficient manner. You put your knowledge on molecular biology, microbiology and strain engineering to practice by preforming experiments and (high troughput)-screening techniques. As a senior technician you are expected to independantly interpret and analyze your data, report on the results and maintain laboratory equipment. There is plenty of room for your personal input, so we are looking for professionals who take initiative, keep up with the latest developments in your scientific field, and enjoy wokring in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Setup studies and preform genetic experiments;
- High throughput screening techniques and strain development;
- Preform molecular and micriobiological tests such as CRISP-Cas, culturing micro-organims, cloning etc.;
- Interpret and analyze data, reporting of results;
- Maintain a safe and efficient work environment, complying to quality and safety regulations;
- Communication with multidisciplinary teams and professionals from various expertise;
- Bachelor in microbiology, biotechnology or similar. PhD level applicants are overqualified.
- 2 years work experience, preferably with yeast or funghi;
- Experience with laboratory automation or data management is considered a pré;
- Good communication skills in either English or Dutch;
- You are eager to learn and a real team player;
- Analaytcal and creative mindset to solve problems effecitvely;
- Eligibility to work in the Netherlands is a must.
- Contract: 1 year trough Oxford Global Resources, with possibility of extension;
- Salary indication: €2900 to €3700;
- Hours: 40 hours per week;
- Location: Delft area;
Vacancy number: 20443