Our client in Leuven is looking for a Regulatory Specialist.
Product Regulatory Compliance EMEA team is responsible for ensuring compliance towards EU regulations (REACH, CLP, biocides), country registrations, product approvals (potable, food, CEFAS, Kosher, ….), transport regulations, equipment regulations, … Reviewing new laws and regulations. Supporting sales and service: compliance statements, toxicological statements, evaluations on environmental impact, handling instructions.
- The Regulatory specialist will be responsible for compliance and implementation of chemical management programs. Implement regulatory projects according to REACH Regulation and different equipment regulations. Provide expertise specific to REACH regulation and equipment regulations.
- Coordination/preparation and follow-up timely the notification and registration dossiers for REACH
- Prepare REACH dossiers. Enter and maintain regulatory data in IUCLID system
- Communication with national and European agencies
- Support equipment regulation questions and provide guidance
- Support WEEE and Battery declarations as needed
- Responsible for compliance and implementation of chemical management programs
- Ensure continuing familiarity with all the latest applicable regulatory information
- Manage product and raw material regulatory databases and ensure integrity and security of the data is maintained
- Housekeeping of the Product Regulatory compliance mailbox and focus on issue resolution, take appropriate actions and priorities to ensure timely handling of regulatory requests. Address resource or process issues to proper owners.
- System Maintenance: ensure product related information in all databases is current and complete.
- Utilize the existing product regulatory software systems and drive projects to expand digitization for simplification and efficiency
- Auditing Product Regulatory Compliance programs
- Master's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology or related scientific discipline from an accredited university (or equivalent knowledge or experience)
- Experience in EHS, Product Stewardship or Regulatory Compliance working in an industrial or chemical manufacturing environment
- Fluent English (writing & speaking skills)
- A background in the industrial chemicals sector or consultancy.
- Experience in the substance REACH registration in the EU. Extensive knowledge of REACH Regulation
- Extensive knowledge of equipment Regulations
- Possess working knowledge & experience in European regulations related to regulatory regulations including Biocide product regulation, hazard assessment of products with emphasis on safety data sheet legislation (CLP/GHS, ADR, etc.)
- Knowledge & experience with industrial hygiene and/or applied toxicology as related to health assessments for the chemical industry.
- Ability to independently interpret, evaluate, and effectively communicate technical material and government regulations/policies to customers
- Demonstrate genuine interest and enthusiasm for compliance and how it impacts the business
- Experience in use of SAP EHS/PLM a plus
- Self-motivated, capable of independent action and undertaking self-prioritization
- Existing right to work in Europe required.
- Perm position in an international company.
- 12 ADV days a year
Vacancy number: 19281