For one of our clients in Breda ( The Netherlands ), we are currently looking for a "Project Portfolio Manager".
The project portfolio manager will monitor and support the sites ongoing capital projects. The Portfolio Manager is responsible for the oversight and administration of the project portfolio. This includes working with the management and staff, as well as other departments to assess, document, and budget potential projects; oversee project commencement and prioritization; perform project resource planning; continuous monitoring and reporting on project status; participate in the department's change management process; and play an integral role in the annual capital budget process. The Portfolio Manager will also work to develop and implement best practices, processes, and toolsets for effective portfolio/project management, and will help educate staff on best practices and effective project execution.
- Manage the project portfolio covering a wide range of cross departmental initiatives from intake to delivery.
- Work with the leadership team, department directors and project business sponsors to provide a comprehensive overview of capital and operational projects (overview includes the anticipated overall budget for each initiative in the portfolio).
- Perform project scheduling, resource planning, leveling and management (forecast impacts on staffing where project scope may have changed) - as well as effective use of metrics, and reporting.
- Manage all aspects of change control and risk oversight.
- Coordination of stakeholder and sponsor communications.
- Facilitate and oversee the reporting to the "Portfolio Review Committee".
- Develop an overall understanding of each initiative in the portfolio in order to understand the potential customer impact and service requirements generated by each initiative in the portfolio.
- Stage Gate Control for the Process Development Group.
- Review projects execution to the Project Execution Plans (PEP)
- Perform continual project risk analysis.
- Help Identify project critical paths and prioritize accordingly.
- Set up and manage communication channels - Weekly report out/Project Team Meetings.
- Managing Key business stakeholders' expectations/interactions (Planning, Manufacturing, Warehouse & Distribution, Customer Service and Quality).
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in portfolio, program and/or project management
- University qualification in an engineering field. (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil)
- Project management qualification (e.g. PMP)
- MS Project
- Cost/budget control
- Change management
- GMP Knowledge
- Action oriented
- Conflict management
- Directing others
- Motivating others & listening
- Customer focus
- Priority setting
- Time management
- Effective communication
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written) with the ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences.
- Strong decision-making skills. Able to make decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated competency in developing and managing complex project plans, timelines, budgets, and critical paths.
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and oversee multiple projects, manage schedules, resource allocation/planning and maximize work efforts across all teams.
- Possess excellent prioritization, resource planning and management skills as well as proven ability in the identification, assessment and contingency planning and managing for risk factors.
- Proven competency in business analysis, requirements definition, and business case production.
- Demonstrated flexibility and be able to work in a time-sensitive environment and meet strict deadlines with sudden and unpredictable changes that may occur.
- Ability to improve current processes and procedures; present opportunities for change and help implement them for the benefit of the firm.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, who sets high standards for self and others and demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of the team.
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience.
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy Numbers: 16674