Our Life Science Client requires a Desktop support engineer on location 5 days a week in Turku, Finland, the consultant will need be on-site to receive new desktops/laptops and set these up while installing the upgraded operating system that will connect with the new company systems along with this will need to physically hands on to install the Network cables and fiber cables. They will need experience with Lab instrument interfacing in particular knowledge and experience with Waters Empower 3/FR5 and LAC/e installation and local configuration.
5 days a week on-site in Turku with travel 1 week per month to Oulu, Finland
- Execute Windows 10 Operating System upgrades on laboratory applications typically integrated with instrumentation.
- Implements Windows based security, including user / group permissions, file / folder permissions, group policies, local security policies, etc.
- Assist with lab network infrastructure support.
- Knowledge of Network switches, VLANS, Network Wiring and Wiring Diagrams/Templates, Firewall Ports and P2P communication
- Acts as the IT technical support contact for OEM/Vendor field service engineers, upgrading computerized systems.
- Acts as Liaison for software/hardware related inquiries, interfacing between client, business and corporate IT teams.
- Acts as local SME for Empower LAC/e installation and local configuration.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Life Science, or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years of relevant technical experience including, networking, remote computing, and backup systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Waters Empower 3/FR5
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed time frames.
- Waters Empower including LACe builds
- Configuration and management of Acronis backup solution
- System Administration and hardware configuration
- Experienced with lab instrument Interfacing