A job as Associate Scientist in immunology and vaccinology, a long term position research institute in the Utrecht area, where you will focus on designing and performing immunological and biochemical assays.
In the position as Associate Scientist Immunology, you will work with the protein assay and formulation development team at this R&D biotechnology institute. Using a variety of immunological and protein-based assays you will help in developing new biological pharmaceutical products. You are responsible for performing laboratory research using techniques like ELISA, FACS and cell culture, and together with a team of technicians and scientists you will help develop cell-based assays, protein assays and more. This is a long term position starting with a contract through Oxford. If you think this position is interesting, apply now!
- Performing immunological and biochemical analyses (ELISA, FACS, cell-based assays, virus titrations);
- Developing new procedures;
- Gathering data, performing data analysis, writing reports;
- Working in BSL2 and GMP environments;
- Working together with scientists and technicians, reporting to the laboratory manager;
- A finished BSc degree (HLO) or MSc degree in life sciences, biochemistry, immunology or biotechnology;
- Relevant work experience with a strong immunological background;
- Knowledge of virology, antibodies and protein chemistry;
- Experience with GMP, BSL2 and working with animals is a plus;
- Professional English, Dutch is a plus;
- Candidates with a finished PhD degree are NOT eligible for this vacancy.
- Contract: start through Oxford with intention of long term employment
- Salary indication: €2600 to €3800
- Hours: 32 - 40 hours per week
- Location: Utrecht area
Vacancy number: 20276