Are you an enthousiastic chemist with extensive experience with HPLC? And are you looking for a challange with troubleshooting, maintenance, and method development in a non-rounie lab? We are looking for a R&D laboratory specialist whi is able to think out-of-the-box. If you are interested, read on and apply!
Our client is a large player within the food industry, and is responsible for developing novel, cutting edge technologies for an efficient and effective process. This is a challenging vacancy for an analyst with work experience in instrumental techniques (HPLC, LC-MS, GC, ICP-MS, etc). This role focuses on process optimization, troubleshooting and maintenance of HPLC and GC analytical instruments. You'll work in close contact with colleagues and contribute to the further professionalization of processes and work standards in the R&D lab. Our customer is an international company, and these process and techniques developed have impact throughout the organization.
- Using pre-defined protocols, receive, prepare, and process samples for laboratory testing;
- Use laboratory equipment and a variety of analytical methods (HPLC, GC) to conduct complex inspections for new processes or product properties;
- Troubleshooting of equipment based on feedback from QC, aid in the development of new methods and protocols;
- Maintain inventory control for laboratory supplies, as well as lab area and equipment cleaning;
- Interprets and documents all test results, and communicates internal results verbally or in writing as needed.
- Completed HLO or MSc degree in the analytical chemical field;
- At least 2 years of work experience in a chemical laboratory;
- Experienced with HPLC / GC;
- Experience with method development and troubleshooting;
- You communicate clearly and directly and can provide structured reasons why optimization steps are needed / taken;
- You are proactive, eager to learn;
- Because of the location of the client, own transportation if strongly preferred;
Terms of Employment
- Employment: Initially for 1 year, with intention for a permanent position
- Salary indication: From approximately € 2600 to € 3400 gross per month;
- Working hours: fulltime, 40 hours per week;
- Location: Region Rotterdam;
- Vacancy number 200