Oxford Global Resources is looking for a Medical Project Manager in Madrid who will be joining a research-based bio pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines in area of unmet medical need. Client's therapeutic areas of focus include liver diseases, infectious diseases, and hemato-oncology.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional with high capacity for adaptation to different therapeutic areas and medical affairs roles. Close collaboration with National and International colleagues within Medical Affairs and cross-functional collaboration will be required. The position will be based in Madrid and will report to Medical Director.
- Develop and executes Medical Affairs plan, in close collaboration with other medical team members.
- Works collaboratively with personnel in European affiliates, Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Marketing, Market Access, Sales, Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Public and Government Affairs.
- Provide local medical expert input into global product development teams.
- Works with the cross-functional brand and launch team.
- Serve as internal scientific expert in the therapy area, healthcare landscape.
- Represents the company with experts, medical professional groups, societies, patient representatives, regulatory groups, and represents the company at national and international scientific meetings.
- Establishes and maintains strong working partnership with external medical experts locally and internationally, including academic societies.
- Conducts meaningful scientific exchange and communicates complex scientific information and data in an organized and fair/balanced manner while demonstrating judgment and integrity in accordance with the highest ethical and compliance standards, including company's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct policies, and applicable legal and regulatory requirements such as the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Spanish laws.
- Plans and conducts Advisory Boards as needed to obtain insights.
- Develops and conducts medical education and communication activities, including digital, face-to-face, and print.
- Supports the generation of scientific data through collaboration with the Gilead personnel in R&D and Clinical Operations, site support in clinical trials, and by developing local clinical trials including study protocols, as needed.
- Assists investigators with submission of investigator sponsored studies, following up the review and approval process and the publication plan.
- Advanced scientific degree (i.e. MD, Pharmacy, PhD)
- +5/6 years experience in medical affairs
- Good knowledge of the Spanish National Health System environment
- High ability to adapt to different therapeutic areas and medical affairs roles
- Demonstrated ability to lead change through thinking strategically to drive innovation
- Demonstrated relational intelligence by generating value through impactful interactions
- Demonstrated strategic project management through leading valuable and impactful projects aligned to patient's needs and other stakeholders they serve, by engaging internal and external stakeholders and resources
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence. Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix
- Excellent written, verbal, relationship-building, influencing, and negotiation skills required
- Adherence to all regulatory, legal, and business conduct requirements required
- Ability to travel in country, to national and international conferences, including occasional weekend travel is required.
- Ability to navigate fast and dynamic situations where there is ambiguity, uncertainty, and change
- Good English level
- Long term contract
- Medical Insurance + Meal Allowance
- Hybrid home-based/office-based
- Competitive salary + bonus