We are currently seeking an energetic Laboratory Assistant with a can-do attitude to assist with sampling, retrieving and registration of test material. Do you enjoy being on the road and are you responsible? Then read on quickly!
This company is focusses on researching vegetable seeds. They now have an opening in the vegatable quality lab. This department is responsible for analytical support of other departments, setting up sensory studies, and handling client requests in this field. For the position of lab assistant we are seeking a responsible & accurate all-round lab assistant with a hands-on mentality, who works well with deadlines and is capable of organizing his or her work.
- Pickup of samples from external clients such as greenhouses & open fields
- Reception, selection, labeling & storage of incoming samples.
- Transport of selected material to external vendors.
- Instrumental evaluation of fruit quality (size, weight, etc.).
- Measurements of external/internal color, height-width, and firmness.
- Sample prep procedures for advanced analytics.
- Extraction of samples for instrumental analysis.
- MBO think and work level;
- Experience working in a laboratory environment, preferably with plants is a pre;
- Experience sampling and customer service is a pré;
- You have a drivers licence and are a good driver;
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language orally and in writing;
- You are proactive, well-organized, independent, and communicative;
- Employment contract: 1 year via Oxford Global Resources, with a possible extension afterwards
- Salary indication: € 2100,- to € 2500,- gross per month, depending on education and experience.
- Working hours: fulltime (38 hours)
- Region: Rotterdam Area
- Vacancy number: 21813
Imporatant note; Residence permit is required. Please do not apply if you do not have a residence permit to live and work in the Netherlands. Your application will not be processed.