We are currently seeking a highly motivated and organized Laboratory Assistant with a can-do attitude to assist with visual screening of seedlings, sowing of new seedlings and maintaining high standards in the lab. Do you have green fingers and are you looking for a job? Then read on quickly!
Our client specializes in research on vegetable seeds. In the laboratory different seeds are sown, grown and visually checked. For this department we are looking for a technician with a passion for plants that would like to work in a lab environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the daily operations of our plant research laboratory, including plant cultivation, maintenance, and data collection.
- Assist with the cultivation and maintenance of plant specimens in the laboratory
- Conduct routine laboratory procedures and experiments, such as plant growth measurements and tissue sampling
- Visual inspection of seedlings, sowing of new seedlings and cleaning of growing areas
- Record and maintain accurate data and laboratory records
- Responsible for compliance with regulations related to quality and phytosanitary policies
- Prepare solutions and media for plant growth and experimentation
- Maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment
- Completed MLO3 or MLO4 education;
- Experience working in a laboratory environment, preferably with plants;
- Experience in a diagnostic or QC environment is an advantage;
- Affinity with computer & lab automation (Office 365, liquid handling, LIMS);
- Own transport is recommended as the location is difficult to reach by public transport;
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language orally and in writing;
- You are practical and assertive and above all a nice colleague;
- Employment contract: 1 year via Oxford Global Resources, with a possible extension afterwards
- Salary indication: € 2100,- to € 2500,- gross per month, depending on education and experience.
- Working hours: fulltime (38 hours)
- Region: Delft
- Vacancy number: 21813
Imporatant note; Residence permit is required. Please do not apply if you do not have a residence permit to live and work in the Netherlands. Your application will not be processed.