In Oxford Global Resources we´re looking a Distribution Requirements Planner (DRP) for a worldwide chemical company. Under the general supervision of the EMEA Distribution Leader, the DRP is responsible for managing the Distribution Requirements for the EMEA region.
As DRP you will participate with setting strategy and direction, planning day-to-day activities, executing both internal Stock Transport Orders (STO's), Direct to Customer orders, Export Sales Orders and external Purchase Orders (PO's), and updating MRP and PIR data to ensure completeness and accuracy.
This also includes receiving and confirming the demand forecast, conducting supply planning simulations of asset utilization and materials, inventory target setting and planning, ordering materials in order to satisfy inventory requirements, and meeting customer demands across a Global Supply Chain.
- Maintain finished goods inventory levels for assigned product lines at preferred ship sites as defined by the S&OP management process.
- Plan finished goods production and packaging in collaboration with plant schedulers.
- Set timely replenishment models of finished good materials at preferred ship sites including inter-location transfers.
- Coordinate consignment inventory replenishment with in-plant manager and plant schedulers.
- Work with the Plant Schedulers, Plant Managers and regional supply teams to maintain accurate RCCP for appropriate production resources.
- Determine actions to take to resolve issues such as capacity constraints and material shortfalls.
- Coordinate production requests with the plant schedulers to ensure accurate and timely availability updates to customers.
- Ensure allocation of stock to orders in case material is not available at the first request.
- Respond to production requests and communicate allocation of finished goods to production requests and to the Customer Service Representative (CSR).
- Resolve inventory re-allocation and/or production requests in collaboration with the plant schedulers and responding promptly to the customer service representatives.
- Coordinate re-planning activities with plant schedulers to address quality failures, downtime and unplanned demand that will affect key service and cost-to-serve metrics.
- Order raw materials for finished goods consumption which aligns with overall inventory plans and replenishment models.
- Work with Purchasing to identify supply alternatives including timing and recovery plans.
- Participate with Purchasing on supplier (or vendor) performance reviews.
- Administer customer returns, and ensure the reconfiguration and reallocation of material into shippable finished goods status or arrangement for return to the plants for disposition.
- Manage slow moving and obsolete materials ~ prevent creation and drive reduction.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply Chain and/or Operations Planning with growing responsibility, preferably for a Chemical Company.
- Prior experience in the field of supply chain planning and execution preferred (SAP is a plus).
- Managing with Data, Strong quantitative data mining and analytical skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Advanced in Excel, including pivot tables; Access is a plus).
- APICS certification preferred.
- Spanish & English (C1).
- Permanent contract.
- Top chemical company.
- Office in Badalona (close to Barcelona).