An exciting opportunity to work at the Shell Energy Transition Campus Amsterdam. We are looking for an associate researcher Raman / IR.
As Shell is investing significantly in renewables, there are currently many challenging analyses to optimize future and current processes for opportunities to power the energy transition.
The focus of this position will be unlocking the full potential concerning Raman and IR capabilities within the Shell Energy Transition Campus Amsterdam.
As a Raman / IR specialist you will provide the technical leadership required for the complex analysis requests from internal and external clients.
This position is key for ensuring that Shell will be able to master and improve development of high-end analytical services for their clients.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Understanding, using, and generating relevant methods for Raman (microscopy) and IR (microscopy) systems
- Applying comprehensive spectroscopy science to understand and utilize adequate analyses as a guide for troubleshooting or optimization of (pilot) plant processes
- Develop improved spectroscopy analysis tools which are (more) representative of future technologies
- Preform equipment maintenance, calibration and validation.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities, provide timely and accurate laboratory data and results
- Coach and support your colleagues in the spectroscopy team
- Helping Shell to fully utilize the capabilities of the state-of-the-art technologies with are already available in the lab.
- Collaborate with Raman / IR experts in Bangalore and Huston (USA)
- Being creative and innovative in problem solving and driving opportunities for the commercialization of new technologies
- Min. MSc degree and 2 years of work experience within spectroscopy: Raman, IR, and NMR
- Experience in the petrochemistry- or Biofuel sector is a plus
- Experience with Bruker Raman and IR systems is a plus
- Customer-oriented, collegial, practical
- Good command of the English language, a good command of the Dutch language is a plus
- Employment: start through Oxford - Lab services, with prospect of permanent employment at Shell Amsterdam
- Salary indication: depending on level and experience €4000 to €5000
- Working hours: 40 hours a week, part-time employment can be discussed
- Location: Amsterdam: Energy Transition Campus Amsterdam (ETCA)
Vacancy number 20375