The candidate will be expected to provide development oversight, know-how and technical input in specific tasks and in the group in general. In addition, the candidate will be involved in the upstream manufacturing to obtain products (biomass or recombinant proteins) with the specifications required by our clients, in the execution of the tech transfer processes; as well as, contribution to routine laboratory activities.
Proficiency and capability in managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment with client interaction is expected.
- From two to three years experience in either R&D or manufacturing departments in upstream processes, within the biopharmaceutical industry or the academic field.
- Knowledge of microbiology and/or cell culture is a must.
- Knowledge of biochemistry and metabolic pathways is essential.
- Experience in working with bioreactor and filtration systems is desirable.
- Experience in working on upstream processes with yeast, bacterial and mammalian cells would also be highly valued.
- Experience in GMP environment is an advantage.
- Experience in the preparation and review of documentation (SOPs, Development Reports, Validation Reports, protocol) in English to regulatory standards is essential.
- Proven initiative and independent thinking to deliver tasks on time, whilst working in a team environment.
- Capable to identify technical and scientific problems and propose solutions.
- Experience in managing studies and/or small-teams are expected.
- Proficient verbal and written communicator.
- Proficiency to work within regulatory guidelines.
Fluent in English.