For one of our clients, located in the region of Brussels, we are currently looking for a "Therapeutic Area Head Hematology".
We are looking for a consultant to lead a Medical therapeutic area team, within the country Oncology Business Unit , while driving the Medical Affairs strategy and tactical planning that will enable the delivery of the different Disease Area Teams (DATs) objectives. And to support the clinical development strategy & execution of the Client assigned pipeline.
- Lead and manage the Oncology Medical Therapeutic Area with all assigned products in strategic development and execution.
- Take responsibility for the Budget milestones in accordance with the yearly planning process within the assigned Medical Therapeutic Area.
- Ensure cross-functional strategic alignment with Marketing, Market Access and Development peers and optimized Medical Therapeutic Area contribution to DATs.
- Ensure the execution of the Medical disease area specific strategy and tactical plans by inspiring and motivating the team into a unbossing mindset .
- Engage in scientific discussions and build solid relationships with external Medical Experts and use the available information to advance understanding of new scientific principles, new trends and current scientific debates (e.g. Advisory Boards, scientific meetings, and regular discussions), while identifying and developing potential advocates and future medical leaders.
- Provide valuable patient-centric solutions that improve access and HCP's (Healthcare professionals) disease management decisions by means of an in-depth knowledge of the healthcare system, of key dynamics and of company policies
- Identify potential research collaborations and implement scientific projects of value in close collaboration with GMO and Oncology Medical Affairs Head.
- Provide coaching and talent development opportunities to direct reports and managing performance reviews.
- Drive and role model the culture, values and behaviors of the company across the team.
- Maintain and drive the standards of medical and scientific excellence in the country Franchise through recruitment, training development and technical development of associates
- MD, PhD, PharmD or other advanced medical degree required (e.g. DC, DO, etc).
- At least 5 years' pharma experience. Experience in customer-facing and management roles.
- Fluent in English and French or Dutch. Knowledge of all three languages preferred.
- Self-starter with an ability to develop a focused business and personal vision with clearly defined objectives and a strategic action plan.
- Demonstrated leadership working with a cross-functional team with excellent collaboration, people management skills and a high level of self-awareness. Scientific acumen with ability to interact with key external and internal stakeholders as a peer.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and advanced presentation skills. Strong people management skills and ability to lead in an environment with continuous change.
- Comfortable with an entrepreneur mindset when driving a medical affairs team.
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience.
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy Number: 16368