If you are you passionate about virology and working hands-on with immunological and virological assays this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client is a rapidly growing contract research organization with a international track record in the field of virology. Within their global network they are widely known for their expertise in diagnostics, (pre) clinical trials, R&D en emerging pathogenic virus discovery. With state of the art facilities in the Netherlands and experience with known and emerging pathogens, for example influenza, Rabies, Avian flu and of course Covid-19. They operate at the forefront of virological & vaccine research. As a result of increasing demand for their services we are currently looking for international talent with BSL-3 (BioSafety level-3) experience to strengthen their teams.
- Working safely under BSL-3 conditions and under GLP guidelines;
- Preparing, performing and analyzing laboratory experiments;
- Performing a broad range of Immunological, cellular & molecular biological assays;
- Performing general laboratory tasks, such als lab/equipment monitoring / maintenance, ordering, etc;
- Bsc (HLO) degree in with a background in life science, molecular biology, virology, microbiology, immunology or similar;
- Highly experienced candidates with an MLO or secondary technical degree als also welcome to apply;
- Demonstrable experience working onder BSL-3 (or at least BSL-2) conditions is a must;
- An article 13f of 9 certification (or demonstrable comparable certification) to carry out pre-clinical biotechnical handlings is preferred;
- Hands-on experience with such as virus titres, virus quantification, plaque assays, ELISA, PCR, DNA sequencing, amino acid sequencing,
- You have a pragmatic hands-on approach and like working in a team;
- You are eager to learn, motivated and think in solutions;
- Excellent English language skills, both verbally and written;
- EU residency or possession of a valid EU work permit is a must;
Terms of employment
- Employment: Initially through Oxford Global Resources, realistic long term perspective (permanent position)
- Salary: €2200-3500 gross/monthly depending on experience;
- Holiday allowance: 8% / year
- Holidays; 44 / year (base 25 + 19 that can either be taken as holidays or included as extra salary);
- Travel allowance: reimbursement for public transport (2nd class) or 19ct/km
- Working hours: Full-time, 32 h discussable
- Region: The Hague
- Vacancy number: 17206
Oxford Global Resources is the largest recruitment agency within the fields of Science, Engineering and IT. All our recruiters have a relevant background within these fields and can help you find the perfect job through our extensive network.
As a specialist company we have a wide range of laboratory vacancies in Quality Control (QC) and Research & Development (R&D) within various sectors, including Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Contract Manufacturing, Contract Research, Food Industry, Chemicals, Environment and Plants.
Oxford is always looking for talent with expertise in Biotechnology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Virology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Life Science, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Petrochemistry and Diagnostics. We are keen to meet candidates who have experience in one or more of the following techniques: USP (Upstream Processing) DSP (Downstream Processing), Bioprocesses, virus culture, cell culture, ELISA, FACS, Western Blot, SDS-page, PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, cloning, sequencing, protein purification, purification, HPLC, UPLC, chromatography, physical chemistry, viscosity, melting point, pourpoint, pH, XRF, GC, GC-MS, LC, LC-MS, ICP ICP-MS, AAS, UV, titrations, Karl Fisher, formulation, sterility, determinations, bioburden, environmental monitoring, LIMS, GMP, GLP, GCP, GDP, ISO17025.
Do you find this vacancy interesting? Or are you looking for a position at MLA, HLO, BSc, WO, MSc or PhD and are you interested in the vacancy laboratory Assistant, Laboratory Assistant, Sample Preparation Laboratory Assistant, Analyst, Technician, Assistant Scientist, Associate Scientist, Scientist, Manufacturing Specialist, Process Engineer, Validation Engineer, QA (Quality Assurance) Officer, RA (Regulatory Affairs) Officer, Supervisor, Team Leader, Department Head, Laboratory Manager, Manager, Director, etc. Please contact us directly!