We are looking for a Teamlead to guide technicians in performing various immunological assays such as ELISA, western-blot and VNA assays. Immunology. In this role you are responsible for resource planning, analysis planning and on time delivery of departmental objectives.
Our client has the focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing, and marketing of vaccines.
As a Teamlead your responsibility is the management of laboratory technicians, resource planning, analysis planning and on time delivery of departmental objectives. This will be in joined effort with 3 current Team Leads. The operational team develops and executes assays for the analysis of clinical trial samples. Assays mainly performed are ELISA and VNA assays, although additional/ new assays are regularly assessed and developed. The required activities must be executed, documented and reported according to Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) quality requirements. The Team lead will drive a continuous improvement and process excellence culture, where every team member is empowered to drive positive change in collaboration with the other team leads, and other key stakeholders within the department, such as the laboratory head and Scientists.
- Line management of the technicians within the team e.g. goal setting, talent development and performance management and hiring of new technicians
- Supervise the planning of the day-to-day tasks of the technicians, as well as provide mid to long term planning toward completion of relevant departmental objectives.
- Provide guidance and coaching to staff for personal development
- Continuous improvement of group related processes
- HLO, BSc and MSc in a relevant field e.g. immunology, biochemistry, Life sciences, Virology;
- At least 3+ years of experience as a technician in a similar environment;
- Management experience is considered a big plus;
- Relevant experience in serological immuno-assays (ELISA / Virus Neutralization assays);
- Experience working in GLP, GCLP, GMP, CCKL (or other lab related quality system, focusing on traceability) regulated environment;
- Affinity with operational excellence;
- Affinity with automated systems such as LIMS;
- English is a must, Dutch is considered a plus;
- Valid Dutch work permit is a must;
- Contract: 1 year via Oxford, realistic long- term perspective
- Salary: €3100 €4500 gross monthly based on a full-time position
- Holidays: 25
- Working hours: full-time, 32 hours discussable
- Region: Leiden
- Vacancy number: 18545