Tool Engineer Reference Sensorics
German Residency or EU Blue Card essential
The Systems Tools Engineer "Reference Sensorics" is responsible for Complete Reference Test Tools used in AD/ADAS relevant tests. The role requires someone highly organized, objectively focused when making judgements, and confident in their ability to manage their own daily routine on project needs in the Test Domain for Project test Campaigns. Responsibility for Reference Systems needed for current/future projects and delivering innovative and cost-effective solutions. This role could require the flexibility of traveling to domestic destinations as necessary, to test vehicles on public roads, test tracks and Proving Grounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
System Tool Concept
· Conception/Selection of Reference Sensors for various ADAS/AD functions on a Test Vehicle
· Creation of documents landscape for Ref. Sensors (geometrical Position/Integration in Test Vehicles)
· Manage tool (Reference Sensor) project by comparing of plan (schedule) vs. progress
· Evaluation of the selected Sensors
· Acquire, develop, understand and document system tool requirements
· Analyze customer requirements, Project Needs, Manage and negotiate system tool requirements, change requests and unwritten expectations
· Specify test cases according to the system tool requirements
· Create tool documentation for user
· when needed interaction with Reference sensor Supplier by delivery, maintenance, troubleshooting and improvements of topic reference sensors
· Integration of New vehicles with dGPS Configurations and other Development support tests tools
· Support in Day to day dGPS issues on the proving ground if remote support is not sufficient
System Tool Development & Support
· Manage tool projects by comparing of plan (schedule) vs. progress
· Develop and extend tools, troubleshooting and fix tool defects based on ALM tickets (Tasks, ChangeRequest or Defect items)
· Create tool documentation for user (e.g. User Manuals, Troubleshooting Guides, and Installation Guides etc.)
· Execute tests and review for tool releases and documentation ensuring that the system tool performs per requirements.
· Support of internal and external customer by delivery, maintenance, troubleshooting and improvements of implemented tools
Requirements and Qualifications:
Education/Experience -Level 1
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master's preferred)
· 0-4 years' relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) for automotive electronics serial development projects (mandatory).
Technical - Level 1 (Basic)
· Familiar with PC Systems, its interfaces and hardware (like RAID controller, USB controller, Storage devices, etc.)
· Familiar with communication protocols:
o Automotive like CAN, LIN, Flexray, Auto Ethernet, OBD, UDS, XCP, etc.
o Embedded interfaces like UART, SPI, I²C, etc.
o Measurement and automation device interfaces like RS232, USB, TCP, etc.
· PC interfaces like (e)SATA, USBx, PCIe, etc.
· Knowledge on Velodyne LiDAR's, Luminar and Hesaitech Panda
· Knowledge of ADAS/AD Standard NCAP test Tools
· Knowledge on Vehicle prototyping is an added advantage
Advanced Knowledge of:
· Programming language like C, C++,
· Script languages like AutoIt, Phyton or VBA
· ALM tools (prefers PTC Integrity)
· Working knowledge of Vector, ADTF or ROS based tools