Our client, a dynamic, forward thinking company in the Pharmaceutical Industry, requires a System Engineer to join the company on a 12 month contract.
* Hands-on integration of combined mechanical, electrical and software subsystem prototypes into a functioning system.
* Triages integration build and test issues, escalates to system and/or subsystem owners where required. Suggests and presents potential solutions to these.
- Coordinates and drives ME/EE/SW resources to perform system integration.
* An engineering professional who, working with little supervision, applies engineering and scientific knowledge mathematics and ingenuity to complete assignments related to a specific technical field or discipline.
* Understand electro mechanical devices - their construction, requirements & standards that are adhered to.
* Engineering Analysis (FEA, Solid and Fluid Mechanics, Fatigue Analysis) Demonstrated proficiency in engineering analysis.
* Structured problem solving - demonstrated experience of these tools
* A System Engineer has general knowledge of other related disciplines beyond their own.
* Has a fundamental knowledge of prototyping methods and processes Identify problems and create contingency plans
* Can help set the strategy for prototyping, including development of low volume production quality prototypes.
* Fundamental knowledge of DFM principles.
* Has proficient understanding of various manufacturing methods and can apply that knowledge to identify manufacturability issues. Able to assess the impact of design inputs to assembly; capable of leading design changes to simplify assembly.
* Ability to develop qualification strategy for overall process' execution of strategy and plans in a diligent manner. Ability to react/resolve issues that occur during qualifications.
* Produces unique and cost-effective results. Establishes alternate use possibilities and incorporates flexibility; balances system costs with benefits provided; develops expertise in one or more processes, oversees design work of internal and external consultants, e.g. integrates complex manufacturing processes and defines product flow within regulatory constraints.
* Integrates financial with technical data. Analyzes complex interdisciplinary problems and identifies their impact; establishes probabilities; draws conclusions reflecting broad business needs; understands organizational and financial impact of recommendations, e.g. applies regulatory requirements and recommends best course of action; sets complex design and process requirements.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills to interface with internal and external stakeholders.
* Excellent technical communications skills; can accurately frame technical issues and manage reporting of these via tracking tools (e.g., Jira).
* Strong leadership to make rapid/clear decisions based on multi-disciplinary team recommendations.
* Ideally Solidworks CAD experience - ability to review 3D files.
* Ideally Altium CAD experience - ability to review files.
* Software development experience - programming experience a plus.
* A Bachelors Degree in Engineering plus demonstrated competence & experience.
* 8+ years of significant engineering experience.
* Additional postgraduate education may contribute towards the desired years of experience