We are currently looking for an experienced hands-on scientist in the field off assay development with solid hands-on experience with development and validation of analytical & biochemical assays.
As a Scientist you will be responsible for the development, optimization, validation and implementation of a wide spectrum of analytical and biochemical assays for recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and viral vector based biopharmaceuticals. You will be involved in designing studies, writing protocols and reports, coaching (sr.) technicians, optimizing methods and analyzing samples. A structured way of thinking and working is essential and flexibility is a must.
- Design, setup, performing and analyzing experiments on a regular basis, to support assay development processes;
- Generating high-quality scientific reports
- Maintaining technical prowess by following relevant literature and knowledge in the field;
- Activities must be executed according to Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) quality requirements.
- Remain aware and tackle any assay-related issues and potential areas of improvement in the laboratory.
- Responsible for instructing associate and assistant scientist on the scientific fundamentals of the assays you are responsible for;
- Critical review of generated data;
- A Master or PhD degree in life science, biotechnology, pharmacy or related subject;
- Relevant experience in a biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry environment involving techniques such as ELISA, (q)PCR, cell-based and virus-based assays;
- GMP experience and pharmaceutical technology transfer skills;
- Experience/knowledge of HPLC, SDS-PAGE and Western blotting is favorable;
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken).
- Contract: 1 year through Oxford Global Resources, realistic long term perspective
- Salary: 3800 - 4600 EUR gross monthly based on level of experience
- Hours full-time preferred 32h discussable
- Holidays: 25
- Startdate: Asap