Seeking an experienced engineer to focus on all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercializing of cutting-edge structural heart devices.
The role includes the following responsibilities and skill sets:
- Identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Participate in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of engineering principles, materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
- Contribute to resolution technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Delegate/direct work of experienced engineers
- Provide coaching/guidance to less experienced team members
- We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor/Master's Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline and desirably with 5+ years relevant experience.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are familiar with problem solving techniques and methodologies with broad engineering materials and processing knowledge. You collaborate across organizational boundaries and take appropriate actions when problems occur.
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.