For one our clients in Leuven, we are currently looking for a "Software Test Engineer".
The test engineers are involved in firmware testing on the technologies developed in the MSAR division in Belgium: xDSL (ADSL, VDSL, SHDSL) and 3G/4G technology, gigabit routing and switching, Wi-Fi technologies, UTM (Universal Threat Management: e.g. IPSEC, firewall) and virtualization.
Direct job coaching is provided and you will gradually work more independently within the team (& take initiatives to improve problem solving).
- Guarantee the consistency and quality of the software produced, which runs on both physical products and in a virtualized environment, in a DevOps environment
- Develop whitebox Continuous Integration (CIT) Tests for immediate software changes in the network software operating system.
- Monitor the CIT Tests, analyse and report any failure.
- Ensure a relay between the test teams, developers and release team and assist in the reproduction and investigation of problems.
- Use past experience to bring the CIT Test framework to a next level.
Do the above responsibilities fit you like a glove?
Upload your CV and motivation letter via the "apply now" button and you can expect feedback from us soon.
If something is not entirely clear, you can reach out to us by telephone of course.
- Having a Master Degree in Engineering or Software, you have 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written in English; verbal in Dutch & French is an advantage
- Significant expertise in data communication: routers, switches, networking equipment … Proven knowledge of layers 2, 3 and 4 of the OSI model.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and DevOps
- Experience in scripting and/or programming languages C, Python, C Shell, Linux OS. Python is mandatory.
- Knowledge of the following tools is a big asset: Jira, Jenkins, unit-test frameworks, Mercurial, Git, Phabricator …
- Proven strong technical expertise & quick learner.
- Very analytical attitude
- Very good communication skills (with different types of people : project managers, development engineers, integrators, team leaders, architects, customers)
- Limited travels could be necessary (France, Belgium, India)
- Interest in an international environment with different cultures
- Proven ability to work well within a team
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience.
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number: 16842