We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Scientist with a background in Assay Development / Virology, who can act as coach to a team of dedicated scientists.
The Molecular Bioassay group at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is responsible for developing molecular and bioassay methods that are employed to analyze virus based vaccines that are mainly produced with the PER.C6® technology. Product analysis includes testing for quantity, potency, purity, and identity, but also detailed structural characterization of vaccines. The group has a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities, quality unit and process development.
Within the department, you will be working in a varied team with 30 members from assistant scientists to senior scientists with a meaningful and crucial role to guide the team (mostly a group of 7 scientists) in late stage method validations and specification setting strategy.
- Mentoring of a multidisciplinary team; work together with scientists in the team and bring their late stage knowledge to the next level;
- Focus will be the life cycle management up to and including validation of molecular and bioassays for release and characterization of our vaccines. Formats used are ELISA, (q)PCR, cell culture-based assays and NGS;
- Act as technical lead to strengthen our late stage product development strategy;
- Influence internal collaboration for multi-year projects across multiple disciplines;
- Act as senior author in the preparation of presentations, documents for regulatory filing and patents;
- Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in life sciences, biotech, molecular biology, etc.
- Minimum 6 years of pharmaceutical industry (GMP) is a must;
- Experience in a relevant field of cell-based assays, molecular biology and/or cell biolog;
- Familiar with techniques as ELISA, qPCR, cell culture, virus culture ICH method development;
- Preferably commercial product development experience;
- Flexible work attitude and a can-do mentality;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with investigational site staff, team members and functional manager;
- Critical attitude and value accuracy;
- VAlid dutch work permit is a must;
- Contract: Initially 6 months via Oxford, after this period the aim is to offer a permanent position directly
- Salary: €4700- €6000 gross monthly based on a full-time position
- Holidays: 25+12
- Working hours: full-time, 32 hours discussable
- Region: Leiden