What you're capable of
Fluent in C/C++, particularly on ARM-based embedded Linux platforms, with a working knowledge of hardware bring-up and platform services. Being able to achieve the best software performance using debugging and profiling tools. Solid knowledge on computer vision and robotics perception would be amazing. Experience with Make files and source code management is appreciated. Basic knowledge on cross compilation tools such as buildroot or Yocto. Some skills in Node.js/Typescript are highly desirable.
What you'll be excited about to learn more of
You will be working in the backend part of a social robot by improving and continuously adding new capabilities regarding perception, speech and performance.
About the team
We are a group of people privileged to work on one of the most exciting products of our careers so far, a social robot. This little guy is part of our daily life and even though he is challenging us a lot, he makes our work exciting and fun and every time we see this new feature expressed with his character and his movements, it gives us a smile for the day. Our colleagues are working on various location in different time zones, so this team is comfortable working together remotely, but you have to see our new offices, where a social, charming robot, is not the coolest tech in the room!
What we are looking for in our new colleague
- 5+ years of experience developing software in C and C++.
- Development experience on ARM-based embedded Linux platforms.
- Proven experience in Computer Vision on embedded devices.
- Experience with Make files and cross compilation tools (buildroot and/or yocto).
- Experience in the full software development lifecycle and proven grasp of best practices in coding, testing and documentation.
- Experience with Git repository.
- Great team player that always relies on her/his team to face challenging problems and comfortable to work under Agile methodologies.
- As a person: 'clean work' is your middle name, a never-ending hunger to learn and a strong identification to our objective to 'disrupt for good' is yours; a curiosity and eagerness to work with state-of-the-art technology has always been inside you.
- A good grasp of the English language.
- Right to work in EU.