Hands-on Senior Research & Development Technician for an R&D company specialized in immunology and virology in the Lelystad area, with a focus on molecular biology and virology.
For a research & development oriented biotechnology company we are looking for a senior R&D Technician or an Associate Scientist, to strengthen the R&D team by researching new viruses and possible vaccines in the animal health industry. By using a broad spectrum of molecular biological and virological techniques such as PCR, RT-PCR, cloning, transfections, transductions, ELISA, FACS, cell culturing, virus culturing, and more, you make an excellent addition to the team! This is a long term position with outlook on an indefinite contract.
- Research novel vaccines and emerging viruses in animal health by using:
- Molecular biology and virology (PCR, ELISA, titrations, culturing);
- Data gathering and data processing, visualizing and presenting;
- Working according to strikt GLP / GMP guidelines;
- Working together in a team of researchers and scientists
- Finished MSc degree in life science;
- Several years of experience in virology / immunology;
- Experience with a variety of molecular biological and virological techniques;
- Professional English is a must, Dutch is not a must;
- Candidates with a finished PhD degree are NOT eligible for this position.
- Contract: 1 year with intention on long term
- Salary indication: €2800 to €4000
- Hours: 32 - 40 hours per week
- Location: Lelystad area
Vacancy number: 17598