Interesting position at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention for a Senior Associate Scientist (BSc / MSc) with an biophysical / analytical background. Focus of the role is on supporting the formulation of novel vaccines.
- The Drug Product Development department consists of five teams that work closely together. The department develops the bulk drug substance and drug product formulations, the aseptic compounding and fill/finish processes. The Formulation Science & Technology (FST), group is specifically responsible for the assesment new compounds and responsible for early formulation development, up to and including Tox and phase1/2a clinical studies. In addition, responsibilities include the evaluation of novel technologies as well as formulation improvements for life cycle management of our next generation of vaccines. They arne now looking for an experiences Associte Scientist to plan, coordinate and execute scientific studies to support continuous improvement projects focusing on the development of enabling technologies (e.g. vaccine delivery systems, adjuvants, alternative route of administrations). On one end, you will work close together with the technical staff on the lab to perform the experimental work. On the other, you work closely together with the formulation development scientists and fill/finish engineers to translate the results of the development work into novel applications and products.
- Design and execute experiments to reach the project targets;
- Accountable for accompanying documentation such as Study Plans and Study Reports.erform data analysis and write scientific reports;
- Participates in cross-departmental technology and investigation teams;
- Accountable for proper recording of information and collection of the data and for review of experimental results;
- Discusses problems and presents plans and data in internal scientific meetings;
- Ensures the availability of materials and equipment to perform experiments;
- BSc, MSc or PharmD / PDeng Degree in Biochemistry, Pharmacy, or equivalent life sciences degree;
- At least 4 years pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in a biopharmaceutical drug development environment;
- Must have at least some familiarity with (vaccine) formulation development, adjuvants, drug delivery systems;
- a working knowledge of biophysical and chemical characterization techniques;
- Expertise related to emerging field of data sciences is considered a plus;
- Pro-activity, flexibility, creativity and an out-of-the-box mindset are key for this position;
- Excellent communication skills, and a strong scientific mindset are key for this position;
- English is a must, Dutch is considered a plus;
- Valid Dutch work permit is a must;
- Contract: 1 year via Oxford, realistic long- term perspective;
- Salary: €3400- €4400 gross monthly based on education and experience;
- Holiday: 25+12;
- Working hours: full-time, 36 hours discussable, Some flexibility to work from home 1 day per week can be given after initial training.;
- Region: Leiden.