For one of our clients located in Zwijnaarde, we are currently looking for a "Senior Account Manager".
Our client is a CRO specializing in molecular biomarker services to support pharmaceutical research, clinical trials and diagnostic test development. To accelerate the development of small molecules, RNA targeted drugs, or cell- and gene therapies, they apply a suite of genomic and transcriptomic technologies under a very strict quality control system.
Our client is now looking for a senior account manager to further work the German-speaking market: Germany, Switzerland, Austria. Beyond there, the company has identified several upcoming opportunities in Scandinavia, so this would be the next step in expanding the portfolio.Our client is looking for people who already have strong personal connections with key people in drug developing companies in this market.
You have the goal to achieve sales growth for the assigned portfolio and DACH territory to meet set revenue targets by following activities:customer acquisition (new accounts), customer retention (retaining existing accounts), customer extension (cross selling, including other persons within same account/company).
- Execute all aspects of the push and pull sales strategy for the assigned portfolio, including both new and existing accounts.
- Develop leads for the assigned territory by prospecting new accounts and by expanding reach within existing customer accounts. S/he will update the opportunity pipeline on a daily basis including capturing of each new opportunity in service business analysis file and/or CRM, updating sales stage, close dates, value of opportunity and conversion probability with the goal to increase visibility on business pipeline.
- Invest extra-time in selected key accounts to understand their business goals, pain points, corresponding outsourcing requirements and decision process, with the objective to offer customized solutions and to build a solid and long-term business partner relationship.
- Meet regularly with (key account) customers with the focus on forward planning and partnering in activities that are mutually beneficial to both parties. Act as a scientific consultant: develop the right solution for the needs of the customer, keeping the scientific value of the company high.
- Facilitate development of customized solutions in close cooperation with Subject Matter experts, product management and project management.
- Work with the operational team to make price offers according to the guidelines, establish sales projections and cost estimates in order to allow proper capacity planning. Stay in margin goals.
- Be pro-active on potential complaints or conflicts with clients, report complaints and conflicts immediately according to the quality procedures. Provide superior after-sales service by giving professional follow up to customers.
- Regular interaction with marketing team to align marketing and sales and provide guidance and direction to marketing team if necessary.
- Keep track with market trends when it comes to relevant applications, value propositions brought to the market by competitors, changing customer needs or sales opportunities.
- Weekly reporting of actions required to reach next sales stage of each opportunity in the pipeline and execution of these actions with the goal to close opportunities as fast as possible.
- You have hands-on experience selling CRO or other services to pharma or biotech within the context of clinical trial drug development
- You have a solid scientific background, willing and able to understand our portfolio of services in depth, with at least a Master degree in life science combined with commercial experience
- You have an existing and well managed network of key people in companies with a clinical portfolio
- You understand the specific customer segments, needs and life cycle of drug development
- You have a strong commercial and sales attitude, are result driven, with affinity for social media and social selling
- Fluent communicator in English, good presentation skills
- Because you will be working on the German market, knowledge of the German language is off course a big plus
- Excellent negotiator and relationship builder, strategic selling skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Strong people management skills
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience.
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number: 16749