Are you an experienced Scientist (PhD + experience) who enjoys multidisciplinary team and contributing to method development knowledge in technologies such as ELISA, (q)PCR, cell culture-based assays and/or NGS/ This may be the right position for you
The Molecular and Bioassay team of our client Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is a young and dynamic group of around 40 team members responsible for developing methods to characterize vaccines. The department uses biological- and chemical technologies to assess quantity, potency, purity, and identity characteristics of our products and has a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities, quality unit and process development. As a scientist in this team you have broad responsibilities:
- Actively contributing to method development knowledge of the team as a whole;
- Sharing expertise in technologies such as ELISA, (q)PCR, cell culture-based assays and/or NGS;
- Aims to shape the life cycle management up to and including validation of methods for release and characterization of JNJ vaccines;
- Acts as a technical lead to strengthen product development strategy;
- Has strong capabilities to collaborate with scientists across multiple disciplines;
- Takes ownership as author in the preparation of presentations, documents for regulatory filing and patents.
- Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with 1-5 years of post-doctoral experience in a relevant field of cell-based or molecular assays, life sciences and/ or virology.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or ICH method development or GMP is highly preferable.
- ideally, the candidate has real life experience and affinity leading a team of professionals.
- You demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Importantly, you have a critical attitude and value accuracy in the execution of your work and that of others.
- Effective communication skills in English;
- Valid EU work permit is a must;
- Contract: 1 year via Oxford, realistic long- term perspective
- Salary: €4200- €5000 gross monthly based on a full-time position
- Holidays: 25
- Working hours: full-time 32 h discussable
- Region: Leiden
- Vacancy number: 18707