Hands-on position for a Scientist with a background in Immunology / Virology & assay development of molecular & bioassays.
The Molecular Bioassay group at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is responsible for developing molecular and bioassay methods that are employed to analyze virus based vaccines that are mainly produced with the PER.C6® technology. Product analysis includes testing for quantity, potency, purity, and identity, but also detailed structural characterization of vaccines. The group has a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities, quality unit and process development.
Within the department, you will be working in a varied team with 30 members from assistant scientists to senior scientists.
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team and contributing to method development knowledge of the team as a whole;
- Actively shares expertise in technologies such as ELISA, (q)PCR, cell culture-based assays and/or NGS;
- Aim to shape the life cycle management up to and including validation of methods for release and characterization of our vaccine;
- Act as a technical lead to strengthen our product development strategy;
- Collaborate with scientists across multiple disciplines;
- Takes ownership as author in the preparation of presentations, documents for regulatory filing and patents;
- English required, Dutch not important;
- A valid Dutch work permit is a must;
- Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with 2-5 years of post-doctoral experience in a relevant field of cell-based or molecular assays, life sciences and/ or virology;
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or ICH method development or GMP is highly preferable;
- You demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and team-building skills;
- Importantly, you have a critical attitude and value accuracy in the execution of your work and that of others;
- You are pro-active, self-sufficient, outgoing;
- Contract: initially a project of 1 year via Oxford, realistic long term perspective;
- Salary: €4000- €4400 gross monthly based on a full-time position;
- Holiday: 25+12;
- Working hours: full-time, 32 hours discussable;
- Region: Leiden.