For this exciting hands off scientist position we are looking for a candidate with a solid background in immunology, virology and or bio-markers.
Our client is working on the discovery- and early development of novel vaccines for viral infectious diseases. Their work process includes 'state of the art' vaccine discovery, with subsequent in vivo evaluation of these vaccine candidates in animal models for immunogenicity and/or efficacy. In addition, manufacturing processes are optimized and established, and the resulting clinical trial material is evaluated in human clinical studies.
The biomarker immuno team supports the vaccine development team in providing the data and making decisions that guide the clinical development. The deliverables of the immuno team are essential parts of vaccine development. The cross-functional nature of the team creates a dynamic environment where both strategy is developed and operational deliverables are tracked. To optimally deliver for each program, support is needed to ensure this team delivers on promises. The department is looking for a scientist with a solid background in immunology, virology and or biomarkers to support the team.
- Assisting in the operations of the biomarker immuno team, including agenda and minutes.
- Take leadership to ensure operational efficiency in this part of the vaccine development program.
- Scientific support in the form of defined literature searches, drafting and optimizing reporting of clinical immunogenicity results.
- Education: PhD in (medical) biology or medicine on a research topic in Immunology is required;
- Excellent knowledge and great affinity for working with program management tools;
- 1-2 years of experience working in an academic or biotechnology/pharmaceutical environment is preferred;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Valid Dutch work permit is a must;
- Excellent communication skills in English (must have) and Dutch (nice to have).
- Employment: 1 year via Oxford Global Resources, with possible extension;
- Salary indication: €4300 - 4500 gross per month;
- Working hours: 40 hours/week;
- Region: Leiden;
- Vacancy: 17926.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Unlimited EU working permit is required. Please do not apply if you do not have a working permit to live and work in the Netherlands. If you do not have an unlimited permit, your application will not be processed.
Oxford Global Resources is the largest recruitment agency within the fields of Science, Engineering and IT. All our recruiters have a relevant background within these fields and can help you find the perfect job through our extensive network.
As a specialist company we have a wide range of laboratory vacancies in Quality Control (QC) and Research & Development (R&D) within various sectors, including Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Contract Manufacturing, Contract Research, Food Industry, Chemicals, Environment and Plants.
Oxford is always looking for talent with expertise in Biotechnology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Virology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Life Science, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Petrochemistry and Diagnostics. We are keen to meet candidates who have experience in one or more of the following techniques: USP (Upstream Processing) DSP (Downstream Processing), Bioprocesses, virus culture, cell culture, ELISA, FACS, Western Blot, SDS-page, PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, cloning, sequencing, protein purification, purification, HPLC, UPLC, chromatography, physical chemistry, viscosity, melting point, pourpoint, pH, XRF, GC, GC-MS, LC, LC-MS, ICP ICP-MS, AAS, UV, titrations, Karl Fisher, formulation, sterility, determinations, bioburden, environmental monitoring, LIMS, GMP, GLP, GCP, GDP, ISO17025.
Do you find this vacancy interesting? Or are you looking for a position at MLA, HLO, BSc, WO, MSc or PhD and are you interested in the vacancy laboratory Assistant, Laboratory Assistant, Sample Preparation Laboratory Assistant, Analyst, Technician, Assistant Scientist, Associate Scientist, Scientist, Manufacturing Specialist, Process Engineer, Validation Engineer, QA (Quality Assurance) Officer, RA (Regulatory Affairs) Officer, Supervisor, Team Leader, Department Head, Laboratory Manager, Manager, Director, etc. Please contact us directly!