We are currently looking for an experienced hands-on scientist in the filed of (Clinical) Immunology with solid hands-on experience with development and Validation of serological and cell-based assays.
Our Client, Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. They focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases. Current projects include COVID-19, HIV, RSV vaccine. The Clinical Immunology department is responsible for the immunological evaluation of vaccine candidates in clinical trials. In close collaboration with the Biomarker group and clinical development group, the group executes the immuno strategies and ensures the development, and validation of the required immunological assays as well as clinical sample analysis and data reporting. Typical assays to determine the immunogenicity of vaccines are the antibody ELISA, T cell ELISpot, Intracellular Cytokine Staining, and virus neutralization assays. The main responsibility of the Laboratory Scientist is to design and execute experiments for the development and validation of immunological assays to be used in the analysis of samples from clinical trials.
- Design, setup, performing and analyzing experiments on a regular basis, to support assay development processes;
- Generating high-quality scientific reports
- Maintaining technical prowess by following relevant literature and knowledge in the field;
- Activities must be executed according to Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) quality requirements.
- Remain aware and tackle any assay-related issues and potential areas of improvement in the laboratory.
- Responsible for instructing associate and assistant scientist on the scientific fundamentals of the assays you are responsible for;
- Critical review of generated data;
- PhD in biological/medical sciences or equivalent, with strong immunology or virology background;
- At least 3 years of experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech company (Must, purely academic experience does not qualify);
- Extensive, hands-on experience in the development to validation of serology or cell-based assays (ELISA, Virus Neutralization Assays, ELISPOT, Flow Cytometry or similar);
- Excellent skills in technical writing;
- Proven knowledge of procedures to establish comparability and bridging of critical reagents;
- Experience with set up of experimental plans using the “Design of Experiment (DoE)” principles is a plus;
- Knowledge of biostatistics. Experience in statistical programs such SPSS or JMP is a must;
- Affinity for data analysis and the thorough review of the data generated by others;
- Experience in high-throughput assays is desirable;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English;
- Experienced in working under quality standards such as GCLP, GCP or GMP.
- Contract: 1 year through Oxford Global Resources, realistic long term perspective
- Salary: 4200 - 4600 EUR gross monthly based on level of experience
- Hours full-time preferred 32h discussable
- Holidays: 25 (+12)
- Startdate: Asap