We are looking for a scientist in molecular immunology for a innovative, multidisciplinary and state-of-the-art company based in Utrecht. Are you interested in designing and executing your own experiments and carry out the following data analysis? This is the ideal position for you. Read on and apply directly!
As a scientist in molecular immunology you will carry out the complete process of the scientific research on nanobodies. You draft and execute all activities concerning the generation, isolation, and selection of novel antibody fragments for specific target molecules, as well as the molecular engineering of these fragments into recombinant binding proteins. The characterization of these proteins and their components is also part of the role.
- Generation, isolations, and selections of nanobodies
- Molecular engineering of recombinant binding proteins
- Experiment design
- Data communication
- Execution of molecular and biochemical techniques such as (q)PCR, cloning, Western Blots, flow cytometry, and the generation of DNA libraries
- A BSc, MSc, or PhD in a life sciences-related field
- Able to work independently in a dynamic, international environment
- Research-oriented, flexibility, and quality-minded mindset
- Professional (scientific) proficiency in English both written and verbal
- Experience with VHH (Nanobodies) and/or other antigen-binding molecules such as IgG or TCR is a pre
- Long term full time position (40h/week), contract directly with our client
- Salary indication: €3000 - €4500, depending on qualifications and experience
- Region: Utrecht
Vacancy number: 21564
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not apply if you do not have a working permit to live and work in the Netherlands. Your application will not be processed.