For one of our clients, located in Heverlee, we are currently looking for a "Scientist".
Our client looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, our client has been at the forefront of innovation. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now.
Our client offers a great work environment, continuous professional development, dedicated technical training on industrial water treatment processes, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
For their European Technology Centre of Excellence, located at Heverlee (Belgium) and supporting customers in Europe, Middle East and Africa, they are looking for a scientist.
- Identification and characterization of depositions/foulants encountered in customer assets related to cooling, boiler, waste water applications.
- A detailed analytical investigation study is executed, applying analytical techniques suitable for identification and quantitation of both organic as well as inorganic compounds.
- The analyst will take full ownership of these customer projects: Planning & prioritization, Execution & Reporting, with the goal to protect our customers' assets and to maximally reduce failures.
- Support of Supply Chain through coordination as well as execution of in-depth analytical characterization of water & process treatment chemicals: quality assurance, determination of root cause of failure/contamination, new product introduction,…), closely cooperating with Product Quality and Regulatory Compliance teams, as well as Production plants in EMEA.
Do the above responsibilities fit you like a glove?
Upload your CV and motivation letter via the "apply now" button and you can expect feedback from us soon.
If something is not entirely clear, you can reach out to us by telephone off course.
- Master's degree in (Analytical) Chemistry, Chemical/Environmental Engineering, or equivalent with 2-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and X-ray fluorescence spectrometry (WD-XRF/ED-XRF)
- Broad knowledge of other relevant analytical techniques, such as TGA, DSC, CHNS-O, XRD,…
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Fluency in English (verbal and written), knowledge of Dutch are a surplus
- PC literate (MS Office suite, LIMS)
- Proficiency in professional reporting/communication to customers
- Expertise in one of the following areas is an advantage: Hydrocarbon Process Industry, cooling, boiler and/or waste water treatment, Membrane separations technology.
- Pro-active behaviour and able to work with limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills towards all levels within the organization
- Strong environmental, health and safety ethics
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience, including meal vouchers.
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number: 16600