For one of our pharma clients in the province of Antwerp, we are currently looking for a "Scientist".
This position is a temporary replacement. Our client is looking for a formulation chemist who has work experience in one or more aspects of chemical formulation. This means the development of formulations or the characterizations of chemical formulations. This can be in liquid or solid form. The branch work experience can be wide; you can think of paint, food, pharma ect.
Good knowledge of the English language is a must. Dutch is strongly preferred or can be a second language.
- As part of the chemical lab, you will provide service to our R&D, S&M and Supply Chain group. You will take the lead as formulation expert in new developments, proof-of-principles and support of commercial products. For new developments, you will define the strategy and experimental set-up to create a fit-for-purpose formulation based on the requirements set by the project team. You will work together with Business Development and biological lab to create prototype formulations used to carry out new proof-of-principles. You will support S&M and SC with your formulation expertise to help resolve customer product questions or production issues.
- Formulations will be predominantly SC's (Suspension Concentrate), EC's (Emulsifiable Concentrate), WP (Wettable Powder), but not only.
- You will act as technical expert for the equipment and analytical tools in the formulation lab (particle sizer, rheometer, colorimeter, wet milling, homogenizers, stability chambers,..) and support the lab technicians in the use of the equipment and in the interpretation of the generated data.
- You will design experiments for the lab technicians in the formulation lab and be responsible for the final reporting. You will work together with the R&D analytical and biological experts. Good communication skills, constructive interaction, flexibility and good time management will be critical to your job.
- You will be involved in FPX projects as a core or extended team member.
- You will collaborate and interact with external CRO's and third-party manufacturers to widen the technical capabilities.
- You will strengthen your knowledge on a wide variety of laboratory techniques through internal and external training.
- You will work in an ISO 9001 environment and will adopt all related procedures in your daily work.
Do the above responsibilities fit you like a glove?
Upload your CV and motivation letter via the "apply now" button and you can expect feedback from us soon.
If something is not entirely clear, you can reach out to us by telephone off course.
- A master's degree in science with proven experience in formulation chemistry.
- Experience and sound knowledge in one or more of the following areas is preferred: physical characterization of solids and liquids (e.g. laser diffraction, rheology, microscopy and/or instrumental color measurements), formulation development and optimization, physical and chemical stability studies.
- You feel comfortable with defining development strategies and design experiments together with product managers, project leaders and other experts (analytical and biological) and report on the results
- You are interested in being involved in the entire development process from proof of principle until launch and commercial phase of the product.
- You are able to work and deliver results in a matrix structure as well in a project environment (FPX)
- You are independent but also a team player, focused but can see the bigger picture, thinker but open for others input, problem solver and have eye for detail
- You can constructively interact with both external partners as internal clients
- You have good Dutch and English communication skills (both written as spoken)
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience, including extra legal benefits.
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy Number: 16545