The position of Science Account Manager is responsible for generating business and educating potential clients on the various Oxford recruitment service offerings. This position is responsible for maintaining and expanding client relations and client numbers in your personal account and to grow the number of contractors per client. Additionally it is your responsibility to track opportunities in the market to allow you to achieve your annual sales plan and its execution to maximize return on investment and profitability for the office.
- Identify and develop potential clients and possible new markets by executing a Territory Management Plan, conducting cold calls and personal client visits and tracking hiring trends.
- Conduct sales presentations of features, benefits and cost advantages of Oxford services.
- Utilize the client and candidate contact management system. This includes documentation of all client, candidate and contract employee information in the database.
- Adhere to predetermined weekly Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) set by management and review sales performance providing management with data to support this.
- Increase job orders by identifying immediate staffing needs, making accurate and rapid quotations, negotiating agreements, and working cooperatively with recruiting to satisfy client's requirements.
- Communicate in a timely manner to branch team members about all staffing needs and new business leads and provide support to the Recruitment team where appropriate.
- Supply clients and prospects with Oxford sales materials customized to their current and potential needs.
- Follow-up frequently with decision makers to build relationships and generate new business within a specified territory. Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all applicable government, accrediting agency, and client-specific contractual laws/requirements.
- Manage all aspects of assignments placed and the contractors at the client location. Regular quality control calls to employees every 1-2 weeks. Provide guidance and coaching to employees to ensure assignment success. As needed, ending assignments as requested by clients or employees. This also includes in person visits to the employee and client as needed to ensure assignment communication and management. Participate in various networking events such as attending exhibitions and professional society groups within the scientific community, representing Oxford.
- Gather market, competitor and customer information to allow you to identify trends within the market and to act on these and to make recommendations about potential marketing initiatives.
- Provide support to the recruitment staff when there are absences in the team
- Work closely with and ensuring accurate communications to the payroll and finance team regarding orders and payments.
- Develop and evolve a sales plan showing on-going requirements and progress towards fulfillment
- Continue to develop an extensive knowledge base of the recruitment market and business knowledge in the assigned sector and / or account, including client business profile, key players, competitors, hiring and recruitment processes, compelling events, political and environment strategies
- Any other reasonable duties that may be defined by your manager from time to time
- Computer literate and good telephone skills.
- Excellent listening and understanding skills with the ability to build relationships
- Must be able to speak, read and write in Dutch and English to a high standard.
- Must have a pro-active approach
- Should be thick skinned and be persistent with curiosity and an ability to get information from people and judge situations
- Must be an energetic, confident, detail-oriented, organized, highly motivated and self-directed individual with ability to prioritize and manage your time and work efficiently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, customer service and negotiating skills; including ability to conduct perspective and in-person sales calls and presentations.
- Must have a willingness to travel nationally
- Familiarity with related industries (bio-tech, pharmaceutical, medical device, food and beverage, chemical, personal care) is highly desirable but not required.
- Experience of cold calling would be beneficial
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Master's Level Degree in Science or Chemistry
- Prior sales experience in laboratory, scientific required with a clear understanding of the recruitment industry. Experience in account and/or territory management.
- Competitive Awareness
- Field Customer Service
- Performance Drive and Execution
- Process Acumen
- Team Work
If you recognize yourself in this position and you are enthusiastic, please send your resume and motivation