The Sales Application Specialist (SAS) of Microbiology and Blood Bank will be responsible for sales, promotion, applications, customer trainings, demonstrations and technical support to the customers to guarantee the right performance of reagents, instruments and IT solutions in Microbiology laboratories with company solutions.
The SAS will provide our customers with solutions that adapt to their changing needs, creating a relationship of trust that will bring value to the Company in the medium and long term.
- Assure the Compliance with Ethical Code
- Customer advisory in improving laboratory organization and providing the best solutions considering the customer needs.
- Continued attention to the customer, providing product information, encouraging the cross-selling and introducing new techniques, based on cost/efficiency.
- Capable of presenting Microbiology products and concepts to institutions, end-user groups, clinicians, and expert groups.
- Organize special visits with Product Managers when needed.
- Coordinate instrument installations interacting with the different departments involved (Logistics, Technical Service, Product Managers, ...)
- Perform demonstrations and build trust in our solutions.
- Keep the training level of our user's analyzers and reagents and manage the appropriate documentation.
- Work together with the KAM and Business Unit in the management of opportunities and risks.
- Check the service level offered by the different departments of the Company assigned centers reducing the risk of complaints.
- Provide troubleshooting for technical enquiries.
- Solves product incidents at technical level in coordination with HelpLine, Technical Service and Product Managers.
- Tender management (specification and profitability analysis, preparation of the necessary documentation, litigation support).
- Achieve the sales and commercial targets established by the Company.
- Provides first level (remote and/or on-site) of technical support to customer accounts regarding the products, applications and operations, assisting them with the integration of systems in their laboratories.
- Bachelor´s Degree in Life Sciences, Medical Technology or related discipline, desired in infectious diseases.
- PhD/MD valuable.
- Experience in sales and/or marketing within the healthcare industry.
- Experience in molecular testing, RT-PCR technique...
- Comprehensive knowledge in life sciences: molecular microbiology, infectious disease or biotechnology.
- Language: Fluent English
- Up to 20-30% of time (Specially Galicia and Portugal).
It is not a must but it will be considered as a valuable asset:
- Experience with Hamilton devices (STAR/Starlet/Nimbus).
- IT experience: programming.
- Experience as molecular laboratory technician.
- Experience in IVD industry is also desirable.