Systems Engineering Avionics RF
Onsite ANU in Wessling. 18 months. Start in April.
German Residency or Blue Card essential
Your Day to Day:
- Support CNS Team with aircraft antenna specification, installation, and co-location.
- Continuously evaluation about installed antenna performance.
- Work with Evaluation of electromagnetic compatibility and hazards (EMC).
- Analysis and consideration of antennas as part of system (Integration between transceivers, antennas, and aircraft structure (permissively, conductivity, cable specification, losses, gaskets, mounting).
- Evaluate novel antenna concepts.
- Perform interoperability analysis mitigating interferences between aircraft system.
- Identify the possible risks during the antenna placement and co-location.
- Install the antennas considering functional and safety aspects following certification requirements, standards, and guidance.
- Assist in procurement process for 3rd party antennas supplier selection.
- Write antenna requirements to satisfy Communication, Navigation and Surveillance System objectives.
- Take ownership of your development task(s) and manage the complete product life cycle.
- Develop, challenge, and continuously improve antenna and item technical concepts.
- Work together with other departments and external suppliers to find the simplest and most elegant solutions.
- Continuously improve your tools and methods.
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management.
- MSc./M.Eng. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Antennas and RF System.
- Hands-on experience with Antenna Specification/Installation (VHF, SATCOM, GNSS, XPDR, DME, RADALT, VOR/LOC, GS, MB...)
- Strong background with radiation, irradiation, electromagnetic wave form characteristics, interactions between wave forms, propagation, polarization, modulation, radio frequency, general aircraft antenna aspects, interoperability, computer modelling techniques.
- Understanding of antenna qualification process according to DO-160 standards.
- Understanding of EMC analysis for System and components (antenna)
- Knowledge of aircraft antenna installation, performance, and interoperability.
- Experience in Technical writing, proposal writing and oral presentation.
- Experience in writing, allocation, and flow down of requirements (familiarity with ARP4754) is beneficial
- Familiar with Sprint based planning.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous.
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Duration: 18 months