For an internationally recognized company in Amsterdam we are searching for candidates to expand the R&D team. As a Research Technician you will be focusing on catalyst testing using high pressure reactors.
This employer is well known for it's innovation within the petrochemical industry. Although the initial period will be 6 months, there is a good chance of prolongation of the project, if successful. As a Research Technician for catalytic conversion you will be using experimental setups.
As a researcher you will be responsible for the setup and the execution of these catalytic experiments and the necessary equipment. You will be responsible for the monitoring, the development, and the optimization of these conversion processes. Samples will be drawn at given moments and conversions will be measured. You will also provide first pass interpretation when reporting to your project leader.
The following equipment is used in this department:
- Trickle flow;
- High pressure reactors: 40-200 bar;
- Small scale reactors: 10 ml - 1 liter.
The conversions will be measured by analytical technicians with various analytical methods, such as:
- Gas chromatographs (GC);
- Mass spectrometer (MS);
- Other analytical equipment;
- You will be performing the experiments with a team of technicians. The results will be reported to the Project Leader.
- BAS (HLO/HTS) or equivalent level due to experience (Chemical Technology, Chemistry, Engineering, Organic Chemistry);
- Experience with high pressure reactors is preferred;
- Experience with (heterogenic) catalytic conversion is preferred;
- Affinity with the setup of experimental equipment;
- Team-player and good communicator.
- Position: temporary;
- Salary: from €2300,- to €3000,- gross per month;
- Working hours: fulltime (40 hours per week).
Reference number: 18441
Important note; Residence permit is required. Please do not apply if you do not have a residence permit to live and work in the Netherlands. Without a valid residence permit your application will not be processed.