For an internationally recognized company in Amsterdam we are searching for canidates to expand the R&D team. As a Research Technician you will be focussing on catalyst testing using high pressure reactors.
This employer is well known for it's innovation within the petrochemical indusrty. Although the initial period will be 6 months, there is a good chance of prolongation of the project, if successful. As a Research Technician for catalytic conversion you will be using experimental setups.
As a researcher you will be responsible for the setup and the execution of these catalytic experiments and the necessary equipment. You will be responsible for the monitoring, the development, and the optimization of these conversion processes. Samples will be drawn at given moments and conversion will be measured. You will also provide first pass interpretation when reporting to your project leader.
The following equipment is used in this department.:
- Trickle flow
- high pressure reactors: 40-200 bar
- small scale reactors: 10 ml - 1 liter
The conversions will be measured by analytical technicians with various analytical methods, such as:
- Gas chromatographs (GC)
- Mass spectrometer (MS)
- other analytical equipment
- You will be performing the experiments with a team of technicians. The results will be reported to the Project leader.
- BAS (HLO / HTS), or equivalent level due to experience (Chemical Technology, Chemistry, Engineering, Organic Chemistry);
- Experience with high pressure reactors is preferred;
- Experience with (heterogenic) catalytic conversion is preferred;
- Affinity with the setup of experimental equipment;
- Teamplayer and good communicator
- Position: temporary
- Salary: from €2300,- to €3000,- gross monthly
- Wokring hours: fulltime (40 hours per week)