For our client, a European Research center in Vilvoorde, we are looking for an R&D Product and Process Development Lab Technician.
Full time position as lab technician in R&D Food Industry.
- Practical organization and execution of lab and pilot tests, analytical measurements and reporting.
- Organise tests 50%
- Assist in the planning and design lab and pilot trials and execute in close collaboration with the PPD Scientist
- Support the development of new test set-ups and evaluation methods
- Order supplies needed to maintain inventories in the laboratory or for pilot trials
- Measurements organization, results analysis and reporting 30%
- Organize the analytical measurements
- Record and analyze the results and establish trial reports including conclusions, interpretations and recommendations.
- Ensure administrative tasks (15%)
- Update manuals and protocols
- Keep the projects updated on the shared drive
- Assist the PPD Scientist with other tasks such as requesting raw material and product approvals in the Food Safety system, correct labelling of product,…
- Assistance in support and follow up internship students (5%)
- Bachelor in Food Science, Biochemistry
- Experience in a lab environment, ideally in a food company, is a plus
- Mandatory fluent in English, Dutch or French are considered a plus
- Flexible person: on average one day a month shift work for pilot activities (morning or evening shift)
- Contract for 1.5 year
- Fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents.