For one of our clients, located in Herentals, we are looking for a "Quality Controller Technician", working in a 3-shift system.
Do you have experience in the laboratory environment? And no food allergies? Then this might be the new opportunity, you're looking for !
In your job as a "QC Technician you will need to:
Promote and assure total quality and compliance by:
- Testing raw materials against specifications
- Testing finished products against specifications and customer requirements
Ensure the smooth running of the Quality Lab by:
- Supporting QC specialist in keeping up to date the QC procedures and work instructions
- Monitoring (food)safety and GLP
- Calibration and maintenance of lab equipment
- Support on food safety attitude of employees
- Prioritize/plan/communicate the work based on receiving list/ship list/production planning
- Sample preparation (including external analyses)
- Test raw materials and finished products to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate and verify the internal and external test results
- Entry test results in the ERP system
- Block/release the products
- Work according procedures and work instructions
- Log internal rejects and supplier complaints
- Route cause analysis for out of specification raw materials and finished products
- Create test sets for finished products based on technical information/product type and customer requirements
- Calibrate and maintain lab equipment
- Shelf life extensions of raw materials and finished products
- Work according GLP
- Proactively and visibly supports the Health and Safety standards, rules and regulations of the organisation.
- Promote and assure total quality.
- Ability to work well in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- In possession of a driving license B and car (as the work site is difficult to reach by public transport due to the shift system)
Do the above responsibilities fit you like a glove?
Download your CV and motivation letter via the "apply now" button and you can expect feedback from us soon.
If something is not entirely clear, you can reach out to us by telephone off course.
- A2 chemistry or bachelor
- Experience in a food testing laboratory or similar laboratory environment during study and/or previous job.
- Basic knowledge of microbiology.
- Understanding of analytical chemistry.
- Computer literate.
- Eye for detail.
- Knowledge of HACCP, BRC and customer required standards.
- Sensory skills.
- Relevant laboratory instrumentation courses.
- Self-motivation and determination, effective communication at all levels and a key team player.
- Flexible and innovative.
- Ability to work alone when necessary.
- No food allergies.
- 37,5 working hours/week ( in a 3-shift system)
- Competitive salary with extra legal benefits, like meal vouchers
- Shift bonus
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy Number: 16143