Are you a driven team leader / manager in the food or pharma industry? Do you have experience with microbiology and are you enthusiastic about the continuous improvement of the processes in the laboratory? Are you a champion in supporting method transfers, implementations and performance checks? Then this is the job for you!
This is a challenging vacancy for a QA team leader or manager with microbiological experience in the food industry or the pharmaceutical industry. This role focuses on developing the team and improving existing laboratory processes and Quality Assurance flow. It is a broad position in which you are expected to be the leader of the laboratory and to actively contribute to the strategic decisions of the company. Our client is an international company that focuses on regular and specialty foods. You will become the leader of the microbiological reference laboratory, guiding several international laboratories in following correct quality procedures, standardizing the QMS, implementing new equipment, ensuring the growth and professionalization of the company as a whole. In addition, you are expected to create a strong microbiology network both internally and externally in order to guarantee technical and microbiological knowledge within the company.
- Lead the special food microbiology Quality Assurance team.
- Troubleshooting on existing analyses and root cause analysis
- Writing and rewriting of SOPs for international use, standardization of methods
- Continuous improvement of existing methods
- Brain storm for the strategy of the company and direction of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Support method transfers, implementation and performance checks
- Completed MSc or PhD degree in microbiological or life science field
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in a microbiological laboratory in a managerial position
- Experience in a food or pharma environment with strict quality guidelines
- Experience with method development and troubleshooting
- You communicate clearly and directly can motivate in a structured way why optimization steps are necessary / done
- You are proactive, eager to learn and get energy from the challenge in the job
- Experience with ISO17025 and/or GMP is a plus
- English is a must, Dutch is a plus.
- Employment: Long term
- Salary indication: From approximately €6000 to €8000 gross per month
- Working hours: full time (32 hours is negotiable)
- Location: Nijmegen
Vacancy number: 18526