" Do you have a master's degree in Psychology, Social Sciences, or outcome Research? Do you have excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written? Also a previous experience in Grant Management (major asset)? And ready to work at Brussels after Covid? Then we have your dream job !!"
Given the increase of Quality of Life (QoL) research, we have an exciting newly created post to work as a Specialist in Quality of Life with focus on Grant Management (1 FTE).
The Specialist in Quality of Life will be employed at our clients Headquarter, within the QoL Department, and will work on a day to day basis with senior QoL Specialists.
The postholder is expected to have expertise and a broad knowledge of Psychology/QoL research and is able to use this to help monitor and support research projects involving QOL research.
The Specialist in Quality of Life will be supervised by the Head of the Department.
- The QLG provides funding for a number of QoL-related projects that fit within the QLG portfolio (e.g., development of QLG questionnaires, methodological projects, health-economics related projects).
- The postholder will work closely with the senior QoL Specialists to develop and manage all stages on the QLG grant funding process.
- Support QLG members by providing advice on grant application process and liaising with relevant parties.
- Help coordinate the QLG grant review process by following up all the grants from submission to contract signing and by liaising with all relevant entities during the process.
- Ensuring the HQ project tracking tool and information systems are up-to-date.
- Develop a strategy for a more efficient and standardized grant review process to ensure a timely and smooth flow of activities across various relevant stakeholders (e.g., applicants, scientific reviewers, scientific committees, EORTC decision-making bodies).
- To help develop, maintain and provide guidance or standard templates
- To help prepare scientific briefing documents
- At least a master's degree in psychology, social sciences, or outcome research; or equivalent degree
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Able to draft and summarize reports (including developing relevant presentation slides)
- Well-organized and result-oriented with the ability to integrate in a multilingual and multicultural environment
- Motivated and with a strong sense of responsibility
- Able to work both independently and in a team
- Able to assess and handle the level of sensitivity and confidentiality of information
- Knowledge and/or experience with Patients Reported Outcomes and QoL is an asset
- Previous experience in grant management is an major asset.
- A balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience, including meal vouchers.
- A direct hire contract on full time basis
Existing right to work in Europe required ( please read job spec in full before applying ).
Vacancy number: 17763