The Product Quality Engineer demonstrates technical proficiency and project leadership skills to execute on business goals, programs, and processes for the EMEA Product Quality team. In this role, a successful candidate will utilize experience and chemical expertise to solve technical problems, lead projects, execute objectives, and have the ability to affect short-term and long-term business goals. The Product Quality Engineer writes operating procedures, maintains control documents and designs and conduct laboratory experiments.
- Support new supplier raw material quality assessments through documentation reviews and laboratory analyses.
- Manage QC specifications for new and existing materials, evaluate quality and formulation stability requirements for new product introductions into EMEA region and develop analytical procedures as needed.
- Design and conduct laboratory experiments and operate analytical equipment
- Collect, record, analyze experiment data, communicate the status of projects and make recommendations.
- Conduct troubleshooting investigations to resolve customer and internal quality incidents.
- Conduct problem-solving and improvement efforts, such as analysis and re-work of off-spec or expired inventory, and cost-savings projects.
- Analyzing manufacturing processes for improvement using various methods of testing and inspection. Evaluate precision and accuracy of production and production laboratory equipment. Develop, apply and maintain quality requirements and standards for manufacturing products. Where required you attend plant trials necessary to support process improvement.
- Develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data. Writes operating procedures, compiles manuals and training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Assist the digital transformation
- Support business ISO 9001 Quality initiatives by maintaining control documents
- Consistently demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements, company policies, and Safety rules/procedures at all times.
- Requires cross-functional interaction and relationship with Manufacturing, Sourcing, Regulatory, Technology, EHS, Product Management, Vendors and Commercial teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering from an accredited university of college or equivalent by experience
- Language: English-speaking skills ILR Level 2 – Limited working proficiency and good English writing skills, able to communicate technical processes in English and Dutch
- Able to present key data effectively and communicate complex technical matter clearly to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to manage and drive multiple projects in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Able to make data-driven decisions that impact quality, cost, processes, etc.
- Software skills: MS excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- PC skills: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and data analysis.
- Flexibel to travel on 50% basis between Herentals and Heverlee facilities
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in process, quality control, or analytical chemistry in a laboratory environment.
- Strong project management skills and ability to proactively push projects forward to meet deadlines.
- Desire to grow and develop in the role, and over time become a strong technical resource for EMEA chemical manufacturing and process teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical written communication skills
- You can motivate and drive others
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a results-oriented mindset
- Experience with SAP data systems
A challenging permanent position