Category managers generate category planning, category management and general sourcing strategy within selected material fields. You lead or support cross functional projects and are responsible for achieving savings targets and/or avoiding costs. Category managers are measured on savings.
Areas of responsibility:
- Global PVO in selected category(ies) - identify errors in procurement data and reporting and to ensure data is correct and complete as far as possible.
- Selected categories including spend.
- Alignment with functional manager to ensure right suppliers and strategies are in place for the material field.
- Strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management.
- Supplier qualification, selection, evaluation, development and phase out.
- Quality-relevant supplier approvals and evaluations.
- Reporting; savings reporting guidelines
- Assist in optimizing the Procurement function locally as well as globally and participate in delivering corporate-wide objectives and plans.
- Conduct structured data driven category reviews.
- Run tenders (manage bid proposals (RFI/RFQ) and/or negotiate directly with suppliers.
- Identify and qualify potential new suppliers to ensure forward looking visibility of best in class cost, service delivery, service offerings and future service or capability roadmap.
- Negotiate pricing, terms & commercial conditions of contracts and provide general contracting support e.g. completion of agreements, SOWs, together with Legal.
- Maintain written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads and other stakeholders regarding Procurement activities.
- Continually identify opportunities for cost and/or process improvements.
- Participate in internal and external auditor meetings if and when required.
- Min. 2-3 years of project management or purchasing and/or sourcing experience from a large company or consultancy.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to handle quantitative analyses e.g. TCO modelling.
- Leadership mindset with ability to run projects independently.
- Competencies in relevant contract terms and experience negotiating with suppliers on the Electronics & Mecchanics Area
- High empathy and good ability to interact across the organization in an international setting.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Personal commitment to delivering results.
- Follow through on commitments and attention to detail
- Hands-on attitude, flexible and positive.
- Pragmatic with an open and communicative style, adaptable to change.
- Stakeholder oriented
- Able to handle and deliver on routine and administrative jobs when necessary.