For our client in the Brussels area, we are looking for a Processing Technician for their research department.
The work will focus on operating (semi) industrial processing units like film blowing lines and extruders, to support the Customer and Application development teams of different polymer related business units.
- Safely operate different (semi) industrial processing units like film blowing lines and extruders. This includes: line start-up, running product to specification, taking samples, data logging, adjusting line parameters, removing rolls from winders, performing housekeeping duties and line shutdown
- Work with experienced technicians and after a robust training period, work independently and plan and organize incoming requests efficiently; this includes prompt communication with requestors on job status
- The scope of the performed experiments are set by the Technology organization based on manufacturing and R&D program’s needs. Technology engineers provide background and instructions upfront as well as technical support on a regular basis.
- High quality awareness and honest reporting is a must
- Understand the importance of details, have good observation skills and flawlessly execute the process in order to meet quality requirements
- Implement all “license to operate” requirements
- Use your mechanical knowledge to identify and solve small mechanical issues
- Occasionally perform or assist in machine set-up, repair or maintenance
- After gaining experience, take ownership of the related processing area and propose improvement ideas to increase safety and efficiency in the area and on the equipment
- Interact with different groups and levels in the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Production Technology, Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong focus on safety
- Working accurate, good observation and reporting / communication skills
- Understanding the importance of and being able to implement procedures
- Technical / mechanical insight and knowledge is an advantage
- Experience on film blowing lines or different extrusion process or similar is a plus
- Team player (being flexible and helping team members when needed)
- Taking initiative and being pro-active
- Passion for learning and willing to support other processing units and teams
- A reasonable standard of English is required (company documentation is mainly written in English and it is the lingua franca of the company). Additional language knowledge is a plus
- Attractive salary package with attractive remuneration, supplemented with insurance package, cheap company restaurant and discount on refueling, 44 holiday days.
- Sliding working hours: start between 6 am and 9:30 am, work until 2:45 pm to 6:15 pm.
- Fun environment with lots of learning opportunities
- SBO contract of 1 year, possible extension of 1 year extra and possibly a chance of a permanent contract