The Process Development Engineer is responsible for developing processes to scale up from R&D formulation, optimize process flow, reduce variability within the process, improve operating capabilities, and help product safety.
Their main objective is to identify, develop, verify, validate, and transfer ownership processes/products from their early developmental stages, product trials, to manufacturing operations. Additionally, a process development engineer evaluates and analyzes current processes and provides recommendations for process improvements as needed.
- Project a professional image and organized working environment
- Work closely with R&D Technologists, R&D Technicians, and engineering on new products and processes
- Responsible for the transfer of new products and processes from innovation stage to commercial production, including lab scale ups and plant trials
- Develop processes for operations to ensure new products are manufactured predicatively and efficiently
- Analyze and optimize processes for small and large-scale production
- Work with process engineers on ensuring all products have established process parameters
- Partner with process engineers to reduce product variability, thus improving quality and increasing process efficiencies
- B.S / MS in Electrical Engineering, Materials and/or Polymers Engineering, or related engineering discipline with emphasis on R&D, Design for Manufacturing and/or Custom Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience working in a R&D/manufacturing setting
- 5+ years of experience in process development relevant to food processing or food industry
- Experience working within requirements of ISO 9001 /ISO 13485 or other regulated QS
- Ability to handle diverse, multiple priorities; strong prioritization skills.
- An existing right to work in the EU required